Friday, July 11, 2008

Joys of a business


Owning an inflatable business really does have its ups and downs. (ha ha ha) Over the past year of owning our business I have found that some people just aren't that bright. One of the up parts of owning the business is the fun phone calls and questions I get from people. Here are a few that I thought I better write down so I don't ever forget them.

Me: "Bounce king inflatables"
Caller: "Ya do you guys have inflatables?"
Ok seriously... its in the title what do you think we are a car dealership?

Caller: "So do you need power to run these things?"
Ok that one is not terrible if you have never seen or rented one before but it only takes a little common sense. Do you think we blow it up with a pump and plug a hole and hope it stays and your kids don't go sinking to the floor?!?

Caller: "So on these bounce house things what do the kids do in there?"
Yet another question that could have been answered with a little common sense, oh I don't know maybe they bounce in there?!?!

Caller: "Your big slide is it just like a slide?"
Well last time I checked a slide was let me think a slide that's why we call it a slide. if it were a swing set or a swimming pool I'm pretty sure that is what it would be called.

Caller: "If I don't have access to a power outlet can I still rent one?"
Well sure but I don't know how much fun it would be for the kids jumping on a pile of vinyl for 5 hours.

Caller: "If the power goes out will it stay inflated?"
NO! Does your fridge or microwave continue to work when the power goes out? Just because they are super fun and exciting does not make them a magical play land that defies the laws of nature.

Ok that is enough for now I am pretty sure there is a lot more to come.
I would like to leave you all with a few Business calling tipsphone

1. When calling a business use common sense!
2. If you ever leave a message make it CLEAR and to the point, don't say your number so fast that it takes them 7 repeats to get the whole number.
3. If you want to be called the right name when you get a call back be sure to say it so people who don't know who the heck you are can understand what you are saying.
4. Don't call me and then say can you hold on. Seriously if you are that busy call back!
5. The nicer you are the nicer you will be treated, start attacking and expect a little hostility back.
6. Don't call while your kids are screaming so loud that you can't hear yourself speak. And don't scream at them to shut up without muting the phone or at least trying to muffle it.
7. Don't eat and talk on the phone. Didn't your mom ever teach you to not talk with your mouth full?!?
I could go on and on but I will stop there. Remember a little common sense goes a long way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your mother must have been a very smart women to teach you such good phone manners.

Lindell said...

I am laughing OUT LOUD! people are dumb, but they sure make for good material!

Ari said...

Funny, Funny! I garuntee I would be one of those callers. Although smart at times, the hair color does come out from time to time.