Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things that MUST GO!













Toy packaging- Due to Christmas and birthdays recently, I have had to open several boxes that contain toys in there somewhere. The way they package them you would think they contained the fountain of youth. It is really hard for me to believe that they need to go to such great lengths to keep a toy in a box so it doesn't get taken out or stolen. I think the packaging companys are getting a kick out of what they are doing and are trying to out due themselves each time. Not only are they child proofing the box but they are parent proofing the box. Do they not realize that when a child is given a toy they want to play with it, they don't want to hear oh I'm sorry hunny it will be another 30 minutes before we get it out of the box the company has input a new opening mechanism that must be preheated in the oven on low for 30 min! For making me want to scream and curse during holidays that are supposed to be happy and merry this MUST GO!!!!!



Reality TV- Ok I really do enjoy several reality tv shows but I do believe things are getting a little out of hand. There is a reality show for pretty much everything you can think of. SO here is my list of reality shows that have either been cancelled that must not come back or that should be cancelled and must not come back some I have seen and some I can just tell by the title that they are no good
1. The real gilligans Island- never saw it but it was doomed from the start
2. Welcome to the neighborhood- again never saw it but in the end someone wins a house sounds kind of boring
3. Hit me baby one more time- I do remember seeing a part of this one and it wasn't terrible it had potential but it just couldn't measure up with all the other reality shows out there
4. Skating with celebrities- Again with ALL the other shows out there this one was doomed from the start
5. Pirate Master- Never saw it, but a pirate show without Johnny Depp need not be a pirate show at all!
6. Shaqs big challenge- Just because he is Shaq doesn't mean he should have a show
7. Oprahs big give- Oprah lets stick to your talk show (which I personally don't watch either she is getting a little to out of touch with reality)
8. Paris Hilton is my new BFF- Ok what does or has this girl ever done to become famous?!? shop? be rich? um sorry Paris no thanks!
9. My super sweet 16- A very bad way to show off your bad parenting skills by displaying just how much of a spoiled brat your kid is!
10. Your Mamma don't dance- I only saw previews for this and I was annoyed people should not be dancing with their parents that way!
I'll stop there, I am sure I will add more later
For cluttering up the channels and preventing a good show its fair chance this MUST GO!



Green arrow grandmas- I live in a busy city with a lot of traffic, to help control traffic they put in these magical lights that instruct people when to go and when to stop and in an exceptionally busy city such as mine they put an even more magical light that is shaped like a cute little green arrow but in order for it to work properly you have to GO WHEN IT TURNS GREEN! Yes the traffic next to you is usually still stopped but its ok you can still go! I know you are real busy texting or doing something other then paying attention but you see there is one problem with this little green arrow it isn't very long so you need to be sure to go when it says to go. Now I understand that when you can't go becuase other people are too busy running the red lights because again someone waited too long to go ahead of them so they feel intitled to run that red light or I also understand the slight pause to make sure nobody is going to run the red light but when its green and clear you are free to go! For making my commute that much more difficult (don't these people realize I have 3 kids in the back that never seem to get along no matter how much I bribe or beg) this MUST GO!!

Well thanks for letting me vent! It's been awhile so its been boiling up! Have a great day :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy do i agree with the toy packaging thing...haven't heard of most of the reality show's, except the shaq one, i did happen to see it and must say i liked it...the light thing HUH?!
anyway love the photos of the week.

Lindell said...

I love things that must go thursday! I agree green light grammas and toy packaging . . . but, my super sweet sixteen, I have to admit, is a guilty pleasure. Its one train wreck I can't change the channel on :)