What do you get when you're building a house, you're living with your mother-in-law, haven't blogged in a month, and summer is coming to an end?????
A super long blog full of fun and photos!!
(I'll try and keep it brief!)
We last left off at a Happy Birthday post to my baby boy so I'll start from there!
Kohen's Birthday Splash!
We had a way fun party at a park not far from where our new house will be..... there was cake, presents, a slip n slide and a bounce house.... fun was had by all (I hope!)
A super long blog full of fun and photos!!
(I'll try and keep it brief!)
We last left off at a Happy Birthday post to my baby boy so I'll start from there!
Kohen's Birthday Splash!
We had a way fun party at a park not far from where our new house will be..... there was cake, presents, a slip n slide and a bounce house.... fun was had by all (I hope!)
Bountiful Park and Parade
Summer to me would not be complete without these events! Thanks for the spot Dad... the perks of having a police officer for a dad do come in handy... It was SUPER HOT! but still fun none the less..... note to self don't let kids wait in line to jump on tramp thing line over an hour!!!
-THE HOT PARADE
can you see the excitment on Josh's face?
-THE PERKS
it's great to have a grandpa as a policeman you get to get up close during the parade not to mention a great spot to sit in!
-THE PARK CARNIVAL
they both went on the pony ride and had fun it was hot so it might not look like they were having fun but they were! They both went on the slide
(yes we let them use the competition)
Bowling
Kadin loves to bowl and one of the things we told him we would do this summer is go bowling. So we tried out this new place by where we are and had a blast!
Bear Lake
What is more fun then going to bear lake, riding on wave runners and being able to go back to a hotel (not a tent) and change and take a shower?!?! NOT MUCH! Bear Lake is a beautiful place and hey the raspberries were in season so I couldn't leave without a shake :)
Minnetonka cave
Thanks to my husbands Bear lake smarts (he lived up there for a summer working as a lifeguard) He took us up to a pretty sweet cave........ 888 stairs later.... I'm glad I went and glad my husband was willing to carry a 21 pound baby up and down all those steps! The 40 degree tempurature was quite nice after a previous day out at the beach in the hot sun!
Willard bay for a day
Bear lake was fun and all but seeing how I don't want to drive 2 hours there and back in one day and squeeze myself into my swim suit for a little water fun.... but seriously considering it for another yummy shake!..... we go for the next best thing.... a 30 min drive to willard bay! The weather was beautiful and much to my surprise (with school starting monday).... it wasn't too crowded!
First Day of 2nd grade!
Where has the time gone..... and when did I get old enough to have a son in 2nd grade!!! I met with his teacher this morning she seems really nice..... young and fun :) you know you're old when your 2nd grade sons teacher is younger then you! I will be sad to have to take him out of this school and move him to a knew one when or house is done..... but I do believe it will be good for him :)
in case you were wondering..........
Progress on the house!
Our house seems to be moving right along!..... We are so excited, It will be so nice to have our own house again..... Everything is sheetrocked and they are almost done with the mud and tape! We will be painting the first week of september (keep a look out I may be begging for help!)
3 comments:
You guys have had a crazy month! I LOVE the new photo on the header! I'm so excited for you - that house is going to be awesome...
That is so exciting to be getting your house. I was on count down to when we were building ours.
hey those picture and places look vaguely familiar. hum, you might be seeing them very soon in a blog of mine soon to come. fun stuff though!
Post a Comment