The day Kadin started school we decided to let Ivy do something special so...... Not too long before I found an old barbie brush of mine....
she told me she wanted pretty hearts in her ears just like the brush... I told her that to do that she would need to get her ears pierced.... without skipping a beat she said I want my ears pierced.... I thought she would stop asking or change her mind but for the whole week she would not stop asking about it so..... On the day Kadin started school I told her we would take her to get her ears pierced ( I felt bad because she could be starting her first year of preschool but because we are in the middle of building our house and will be moving she has to wait) We gave her a pep talk and told her a little of what to expect and off we went!
more pep talk but she was still ready and excited and very brave!
Yes she did cry after the first one.... but she sat still and let her do the other side...
a happy meal helped cheer her up
as well as a little.... OOOoooo La La look how beautiful in the mirror
and she was one happy girl!!
In the car after we were leaving the mall this is the conversation we had
Mom & Dad- Ivy your earrings are very pretty and you were very brave we are so proud of you!
Ivy (a little upset)- But that was for paper!!
Mom & Dad- No she didn't use a stapler it was a special ear piercing tool
Ivy- Oh.... It hurt a little but I'm a big girl!
2 comments:
YeaH Ivy, and they do look oh so pretty. Just watch your stapler and your baby boys ears, you know just in case!!!!!
three going on twenty one. just promise me there will be no more body parts "stapled" or pierced.
Post a Comment