Thursday, November 19, 2009

170 days and 45 minutes

I am grateful for the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and floors that need waxing because it means I have a home. ~Author Unknown

Ok so the 45 minutes might be a little off but the 170 days is right on.... Thats right 170 days....
- not sleeping in my own bed
- not cooking in my own kitchen
- living out of boxes
- sharing a house with 9 humans 2 cats and 1 pig
- taking a shower in someone elses bathroom
- having to walk into the garage to get to my fridge
- feeling like I'm on a vacation that I didn't want to go on
- having Kadin sleep on a mattress on the floor
- running our business out of someone elses garage
- getting in the shower to no hot water due to 8 people before using it all up
- not being able to do my laundry on my own schedule
- using someone elses internet
- not having a house payment (ok so that was the perk)
- celebrating an anniversary, mothers day, my birthday, fathers day, 4th of july, Josh's birthday and Kohens birthday in someone elses house
- playing in someone elses backyard

and so many many more things.... you get the idea

As I sit here in my new house with Thanksgiving right around the corner I must say.... I am thankful for my Mother-in-law for allowing us to invade her space for 170 days but..... Man I am thankful to be here!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so does that mean that thanksgiving will be at your house this year?

Lindell said...

YAY! congratulations! But is it just me, or does it look like a ghost house . . . hm, look into that.