Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like..... fall?


Raking leaves and mowing the lawn?!? Shouldn't we be shoveling snow? I have never been one to love the snow and the freezing cold weather but I am realizing it is really hard to get into the Christmas spirit without it. Don't get me wrong I really like that it is still nice enough to go outside and not freeze to death but it is December 7th and it feels like October 7th. Christmas is only 18 days away and i just can't seem to grasp that yet.

Christmas just isn't christmas without the snow. I always thought it would be fun to live in a state where it is warm all the time but I know now that I would have to have a house here to enjoy the snow. If it doesn't snow now then that means it is going to be snowing until june! And I am ready for the snow to be done on January 1st! It's part of the holiday season the holiday puzzle can't be complete without it so this is my little snow dance (blog) to let it snow let it snow let it snow!

At least there is snow on the mountains to look at!

I guess I better be careful what I wish for it might come at me with full force and I am not one to love that either. I just want a little snow for christmas is that too much to ask for!

5 comments:

Ben said...

Good news for you - I heard it's supposed to snow this afternoon (Woo-Hoo!)
I agree, it's almost weird to see all of the Christmas lights outside with FALL LEAVES around them instead of snow!!

So, it can snow now through January first and then it should stop and be summer again. Agreed? Agreed.
(:

Vee said...

So your snow dance worked. Congratulations, can I yell at you now?
Just kidding. I'm glad it snowed, because I too was having a hard time getting in the Christmas Spirit without it. But I am already wishing it was gone.

Lindell said...

curses for you and your snow dance! apparently it worked. blast! I'd be more than happy to enjoy a snowless Christmas . . . sigh.

Anonymous said...

have ya looked outside? i love it, thanks for the wishin'.

Anonymous said...

Hey Josie

I am happy to say that as of an hour ago, the snow has come and we will have a white christmas!!!

I love your blog and I would love to catch up sometime.

Let's really do lunch! After this week, I will have plenty of free time. Yeah for Christmas break.