I know everyone enjoys thinking back to the things they loved and miss from when they were a kid so I decided I would do a few posts on the things I loved and miss from when I was little this post T.V shows Here are a few shows that I loved and watched regularly and as I sit and watch kids shows with my children I wish they were still on today.... give yourself a few minutes, take a trip down memory lane and enjoy the intros to my favorite shows as a kid. I tried to keep it short but apparently I liked TV.... I still do... my list wouldnt be complete without them all.... enjoy I hope it puts a smile on your face like it does mine!
RAINBOW BRITE- My favorite!
Yes thats right I even had the coolest rainbow brite costume when I was little

TODAYS SPECIAL- yet another must watch! Sam, Jodie, Muffy mouse, Jeff were all great friends of mine
ZOOBILEE ZOO- This is one that I really wish was still on.... It had such a catchy opening song
MUPPET BABIES- Yet another favorite of mine that was a regular must watch
PICTURE PAGES- not many people remember this one but I thought it was great!
FRAGGLE ROCK- one of the best kids shows ever made!
DUCK TALES- I always wanted a bank of my own money that I could swim in
THE CHIPMUNKS- not my favorite but one I watched quite regularly
SMALL WONDER- As weird as this show was I loved it, I use to watch it while I babysat
PUNKY BREWSTER- OK what little girl didnt want to be punky brewster with her bandanas on her legs
PERFECT STRANGERS- I loved that hilarious Balki
HE-MAN- OK now this wasnt my favorite but it does bring back a lot of memories of my older brothers running around yelling "by the power of grayskull"
INSPECTOR GADGET- I always wished I had the awesome stuff that he had the helicopter hat was my favorite
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES- I put this one in here for Josh it was one of his favorites I did watch it
BARBIE AND THE ROCKERS- I had a cassette tape of these guys singing a bunch of songs that I thought were great
YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION- Who didnt love watching people get slimed?!? Alanis morisette was on it!
KIDS INCORPERATED- This is the show that made me want to act and sing
MICKEY MOUSE CLUB- If you were lucky enough to have cable this was a must watch I loved The Party! m i c - see ya real soon k e y - why because we like you m o u s e!
Where was DVR or Tivo back then when I wished I could have watched them over and over agian! I remember having to wait for these great shows to be on..... Man do kids these days have it pretty good!
I hope you enjoyed my strole down memory lane....
4 comments:
wow, that took FOREVER for my sad little computer to load, but it was worth it. I'm not really with ya on most of those shows. In fact, the majority of them evoke audible groans as I remember having to sit through them because ang or ash wanted to watch them (heaven forbid I actually do something besides watch tv). However, one shining beacon glistens from the pack. Kids Incorporated. Oh man. I was SO going to be on that show. That is where I first fell in love with Mario Lopez. I was going to be his dance partner *sigh*. I wonder if Fergie & J Love Hewitt are still friends.
It's like you pulled a memory out of my brain and put it on screen wit that "today's special' clip. I had no idea that I would recognize EVERY scene from that opening! Weird feeling :) But I do remember LOVING "Perfect Strangers" . . . rise and fall on the winds of my dream!
gosh, your mom sounds like she used the tv as a babysitter...
i would watch "some" of those shows with you, then you'd fall asleep but i had gotten into it, so i had to watch the rest by myself to see how it ended. do you know how silly a grown up looks watching "todays special" and knowing (still) all the words to the theme song.
Josie I totally forgot about Small Wonder!! I used to watch that all the time!!!
Post a Comment