Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The BIG first!








Kadin had his first day of first grade yesterday. He was pretty excited.













As I walked him down the hall to his classroom it hit me, when did he grow up so fast and when did I become old enough to have a son in first grade! YIKES!!! They changed the bounderies so it was his first day of first grade at a new school. The school is awesome. It was built last year so it still looks clean and neat. I think all old schools should be rebuilt because someone figured out that there is an easier and nicer way to set up a school. Each grade has there own wing with a meeting room in the center (I'm assuming its for if a grade has a special guest speaker or presentation) also each grade has their own teacher prep room. I'm not even a teacher and I found that pretty cool.



Ivy of course wanted to get her new backpack on and go to school with him.






So we went to lunch and to the park by his school instead. We waited at the park until school got out early. Is it just me or does early out on the first day seem silly to anyone else?














As for Kohen he just slept.....

Kadin had a great day. He said his favorite part was meeting his new teacher who he said was great! My favorite part was the fact that I managed to get all 3 kids and myself up and ready to get him to school by 8:50a.m. and then come to find out after school was out that there is a bus that he can take and its just a few houses down. Wahoo!! That takes a lot of stress off of me. As much as I am going to miss him around the house I am so excited for him to be back in school because he loves it! Good luck bud!

4 comments:

angie said...

wow we are old!!!!!!! looks like Kadin did great, of course he will be the smartest in his class again and his teacher will love him because of it, then again how can you not love him smartest or not!!!! i'm glad ivy is handling it ok too. linc is pretty bummed but likes the one on one because he doesn't get into as much trouble!

Anonymous said...

you became old enough to have a 6yr old when i became old enough to have a kid who has a 6yr old...
what a cute first grader, gotta love him, ivy and baby kohen too.

Ari said...

Wow! Congratulations. I am rather jealous. I can't wait for Anderson to start school.

mindy said...

I CAN"T WAIT!! He looks so grown up. 'the boys' don't start until September 2nd.