Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08

If you would have asked me a few months ago what I was going to be doing today I would have said having a baby. That was the plan I set for myself when I heard I was due around this time. Well as you know he was born 2 weeks ago and I am so happy about that because I did not want to be pregnant 1 day longer. So here it is 08-08-08 and what do I get to do? My sweet husband surprised me with an evening at the spa! A fabulous place called Beyond Spa. I recommend it!!


Yes that's right. Josh watched the kids and sent me to the spa for a massage, facial and pedicure. It was AMAZING!!! Much better then spending it in labor.


First I walk in (through the check in doors) a little nervous (I've never spent the day at the spa before) greeted by soothing music and relaxing smells. I tell the girl my name and she takes me to the waiting room with dimmed lights and soft comfy couches, and puts a warm neck pillow on me (amazing!) I fill out some papers and relax with my neck pillow a little then the massage therapist comes and walks me to my room


I get a 50 minute spectacular full body massage. I was a little nervous being basically naked with my post baby body (not that I'm so exotic otherwise) but I let myself relax and I loved it. The soothing music the great smells. It was heavenly. When my massage was done the massage therapist walks out and then a few minutes later without interrupting me at all the esthestician walks in and begins my facial. Very relaxing (and I'm not a huge fan of facials)





After my facial I get to relax a little then get dressed and go into the pedicure room for my vanilla orange smoothie pedicure.



I sit in the super comfy chair and am handed another warm neck pillow, a cooling eye mask and a drink of ice water. I get to soak my feet in warm water with real oranges!

























As my pedicure comes to an end so did my day at the spa. I wish I could have stayed longer but I get to leave relaxed, refreshed and ready to go home and see my family that I was glad to miss. Thank you Josh for that great surprise. (sorry girls he's married!)

5 comments:

trish said...

I'm jealous of your spa treatment. I could use one right now. I want Kohen too. Cuuuuute...I really dig your music on your page. Groovy boss

Anonymous said...

how nice of josh, you deserve it. just one question, why was your mother not invited?

Lindell said...

That is so sweet! oh joshy washy :) I'm glad you got some r&r, you deserved it!

mindy said...

Lucky!

trish said...

My feet are jealous. Your kids are so cuuuute.