Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursdays Things that MUST GO!

Ok so I decided I had to join in the daily themed blogging (seeing how my blog is called Daily Douglass). I decided on Thursdays Things that MUST GO! I used to listen to x96 Radio from Hell on my way to work and they weekly had their lists of things that must go and I loved it. Now I don't have the time to listen to them so I thought I would start my own and as I go through my day to day life I run into so many things that bug me and must go. So here they are:




Advertisements DURING a t.v. show!- Ok seriously I understand that now because of DVR and tivo most people don't watch as many commercials because they just fast forward through them and companies want to advertise the best they can to make money. But come on now it is getting a little out of hand. They started out mostly just words at the bottom of the screen, ok that isnt that bad but now they have become so big that they take up at least half of the screen and they move around (very distracting). One I watched actually had sound DURING the show. They always cover up words that coincidentally show up at the same time or the most important detail of the show for that this MUST GO!


Construction on the freeway!- Everything that happens because of construction is included here such as bad drivers, traffic, accidents, horrible roads (I swear they let a drunk man paint the lines on the freeway when they have to shift them all around)I know that the roads are terrible and they need to be fixed and they need to be expanded but for some reason orange cones and barrels on the freeway make people forget how to drive. They freak out and slam on their brakes causing traffic to be backed up all day. And why is it that it seems like every road I drive on ANYWHERE has construction. My drive to work used to be quick and painless now its long and chaotic. What used to take me 15 minutes now takes me at least 30 and it's not just during rush hour times. It's ALL THE TIME! Causing my life added stress. This MUST GO!


Fluctuating gas prices- I know everyone hates gas prices and its getting old talking about how people are fed up with them but my thing that must go about gas prices is that fact that they change ALL THE TIME! I have come to grips with the fact that they are going to be high so why don't they stay that way? I mean don't get me wrong I like it when they go down but it's the fact that one day they are up and one day they are down. The gas station by my house had to tare down their old sign with the plastic numbers that you manually put up to a new electronic digital display (taking out 5 trees in the way which is another issue of mine for later) because they got so tired of having to go out there all the time to change the numbers. Surprising me everyday with a new number this MUST GO!



Computer errors that I don't understand- I don't need to go into much explanation here. For making me want to rip my hair out and chuck my computer out the window. This MUST GO!




Well there you have it folks my first of many Things that MUST GO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh josie you are so clever. another thing that must go is that earring in your tongue...but i still love ya!

Lindell said...

you girls are both quite clever! I agree with everything you've said! way to put it into words :)