Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursdays things that MUST GO!



Breaking News- Ok so I watch Days of our lives ( I know I know get over it!) I let it record on my DVR and then watch it later so I can fast forward through the commercials. For several days now I turn it on and at the exact same time they interrupt it to talk about wall street, the bailout and everything going on with that. It seems to me that NBC (channel 5) is the absolute worst about interrupting a show. The "Breaking News" during "days" always last the same amount of time. Obviously they know they are going to be interrupting the show can't they do it during one of the several times that the news is on during the day? Isn't that why they have the news on so many times during the day so when stuff like that happens they can discuss it then?!? I always thought breaking news used to be a big deal. I mean it had to be something important to interrupt a television show. Now it seems they will do it for the silliest things. I know that what is going on with our market and economy and all that is a pretty big deal but seriously. To me it's like the boy who cried wolf when something big really does happen I probably won't even notice because I will just change it to something else before finding out whats going on. For interrupting my time to relax over nothing in particular this MUST GO!


Catchy toy jingles- I have been singing the same song in my head for weeks now and I am going CRAZY! Ivy loves to watch nick jr. with dora and ni hao kai-lan and a few other shows. Well they run the same commercials OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Lately it has been rescue pets swim to me puppy. If any of you have seen this ad you now what I am talking about. Well the cute little jingle they have for it is very catchy which I am sure is exactly what they wanted but not me!! I can't get it out of my head. I wake up in the middle of the night singing it and can't get back to sleep. For staying in my head for days and keeping me up all night this MUST GO!!!


Bajio- Me and Josh love Bajio, their salads are so good! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. So you may be wondering why they are on my list well its because they decided to go and raise their prices by almost $2 (I told you everyone is trying to get in on this charging more) We loved going there because it was excellent food that you get a lot of and not terribly expensive. Now its at least $35 to take my family there to eat. We can go to a sit down restaurant and be served for that price. Don't get me wrong even though they are on my list I still like them but I will have to like them a lot less now! For making it harder to take my family out to eat this MUST GO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with the news thing. and i add the news flashes and or ads that come across the bottom or top of the show you're watching covering the most important part of the show. this must go....

Our Family said...

Hey Josie!!
I found you from Julie's blog! Your family is so so cute, I hope you don't mind that I read a little bit :O). My blog is private, but I would love to invite you if you want just email me at bonniegrow@gmail.com.
Hopefully I will hear from you soon,
Bonnie Meyers Grow