
It really hits me from time to time that I really am a mother to 3 children. Ok so you think I would feel that way all the time but I don't. Don't get me wrong I love my children with all my heart just sometimes I think wow I'm too young to have 3 kids then I realize I'm not 19 anymore I'm 26! There are many things that make me realize that yes I definitely am a mom so I decided it would be fun to list them so here they are... (I will keep this list on going because there are so many)
You know you're a mom when.......
1. you find yourself turning on kids t.v shows with no children around
2. you become interested in what happens on that show so you don't change it
3. you smile each time you see a school bus drive by
4. after you are done cleaning the house you blink and it's messy again
5. you watch the same thing over and over and over again
6. you look at the clock and realize it's 12:00p.m and you got everyone ready but yourself
7. sleeping in is a funny joke
8. the bathroom is your only get-away (even if there is knocking and yelling at the door)
9. you hear a child in the store yell mom and you turn
10. you don't look at the screaming kids in the store with a weird look instead you feel sorry for the parent because someone may be looking at you with the same thought
11. you come up with ways to hide vegetables in food
12. laundry day is everyday and should be a 4 letter word
13. while shopping alone (if given the chance) you are drawn to the kids department
14. while shopping with kids you know exactly how to avoid the kids department
15. nap time is a little slice of heaven
16. you look at a sleeping child and realize how sweet they are and come close to waking them up to play again..... then you remember what it took to get them to sleep
17. you can't remember the last movie you saw that had a higher rating then pg
18. you can no longer enjoy a treat without sharing
19. you have to have the don't ask for anything inside this store talk each time before going in
20. bribery and reverse psychology happen daily
21. you're not interested in justice just quiet
22. trick-or-treating is fun again (ok so it has always been fun just people stop looking at you funny)
23. you know exactly how long until your youngest starts school
24. christmas is fun in a whole new way
25. santa claus is a great form of bribery all year long
26. your selective hearing gets worse
27. you have mixed feelings about ALL the school holidays
28. you have had the hairspray soundtrack in your car cd player for over a year and have to listen to it nonstop
29. you find yourself sounding just like your parents even though you swore you never would
30. you don't realize your baby has spit up on you until someone points it out
31. one... two.... three......
32. a kiss can make it all better
33. hearing "I love you mommy" can melt your heart
34. you truly know what unconditional love is
35. good reflexes are a must have
36. the Baby Blues comic strip makes you laugh so hard you could pee your pants because its so true
37. blogging is done in shifts
38. this blog has taken forever to finish
To be continued.................
I am going to leave you with one of those comics that fits so perfectly and made me almost fall over laughing
5 comments:
AH! I love, love, love this post. As I was reading it, I kept thinking "Me too..."
Especially number 8. I can't tell you how many times I've pretended to have to pee just to get a minutes peace. (:
Thanks for the smile - its nice to know someone else is in the same boat!!!
I love it!! Those are so true, today is a number 12 for me, does it ever end??? Your blog is so cute, I love your perspective on everything it is so much fun to read!
I'm laughing out loud. So true jos, good job. # 16 was my favorite, I think I do that every day :)
so funny... even worse,(or better) "you know you're a grandma when your kid blogs about being a mother." hey i think i'll do a blog on that, thanks for the idea.
That was a fun read. I relate to EVERYTHING! I especially relate to the bathroom as a getaway. I love locking the door, and I giggle when i realize that they can't come in. I just take my time.
Post a Comment